Today, it is our pleasure to have back a second time as our guest, Lauren Oliver, New York Times bestselling author of Delirium trilogy! She was kind enough to join us for an interview about her third and final book in the Delirium series, Requiem. So without further delay, let’s get in to it!
1. The final book in the Delirium Trilogy, Requiem, came out in March. What was the hardest part of writing this book?
I had a lot of trouble with Requiem initially because I felt like I wasn’t showing the entirety of this world, but when I decided to use Hana as the second narrator it really opened up the book for me. I loved being able to show the world from the point of view from someone who had taken the cure.
2. What does Lena discover over the course of the three books?
I think she finds a lot of strength, and learns a lot about love, and for the rest you’ll have to read the book and decide for yourself what she’s learned!
3. What do you hope readers will get from Delirium trilogy?
I hope they’ll find a story that stays with them after the books end.
4. We’d love to know when did you start writing and what made you decide to write Dystopian and Young Adult fiction?
I started writing stories as soon as I physically could! I like writing YA and dystopia because I think it’s an age and a genre that lends itself to asking big “what if” questions, which is something I love to do in my writing.
Practice, practice, practice and tons of reading.
6. Who has been your favorite author and which book has been the most influencing one for you?
It’s totally impossible to pick a favorite author! Right now in the book, I’m writing I’ve been very inspired by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I love his lyrical descriptions.
7. What do you do outside your writing life?
I cook, I nap, and I try to see my friends!
8. Are you working on anything new right now? If so, are you able to give us any details as to what it’s about, when we can expect it etc.?
I’m ALWAYS working on something! My next YA book, “Panic” comes out this spring (add it to your Goodreads shelf!) and my first novel for Adults, titled Rooms, comes out this fall.
9. Ok now some fun Questions:
a. Summer or winter?
b. Pantser or plotter?
A little bit of both actually.
c. Puppies or Kittens?
I have both.
d. Leena or Hana?
I made them, they’re my babies!
e. Tea, coffee or hot chocolate?
All of the above, although I’m by far the most addicted to coffee.
f. Who’s your book boyfriend?
g. Favorite color?
I wear a lot of black, but I don’t know if that’s my favorite color.
j. Favorite writing snack?
Thank you so much, Lauren, for such a fun interview!
Click here to access all the other books by Lauren Oliver