There are millions of choices to pick from romantic novels to adventure thrillers, from comedies to science fiction when choosing books for a teenage girls. Teenagers look for freshness and excitement in the books and are fascinated by those with which they can relate themselves and get inspired.
Here, we have brought a list of seven books that are fun to read as well as thought provoking, light hearted and make a great choice for young girls. As our editorial team has randomly picked these seven books we invite all our readers to share any other book they think will fit into this category.
1. The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen-0670036390: Award winning author Sarah finely crafts a story about real teens dealing with real life. Any young girl will be able to relate herself to the character of Macy; a girl in transition. Dessen’s luminous and powerful writing and her portraying Macy’s navigation of grief in such an honest way will touch every reader who comes across her.
2. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares-0553494791: It is a story of four teenage friends who have stayed together since birth and have to spend their first summer apart. They still try to stay connected by sharing a pair of jeans that amazingly fit them all in their various shapes and sizes. The summer brings them loads of adventures from romance to new step parents to a new friend who tragically dies from leprosy.
3. Zlata’s Diary by Zlata Filipović-0140374639: Zlata’s diary which was nicknamed as Mimmy was given to her shortly before her 11th birthday. This diary evolves from a fun and frivolous teen life to a living testimony to some of the darkest times spent during the Bosnian war.
4. The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros-0739322796: The novel gives the readers verbal snapshots on the heartfelt moments of growing up in EL Barrio. Esperanza, the protagonist of the novel is just like any other teenager who has more questions and angst than answers. Her situation gets all the more complicated by the poverty that she sees all around her.
5. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray-1847383262: The sweet far thing concludes the trilogy started by A Great Terrible Beauty. Although it is a tragedy but readers will just love the way this book touched on issues of race, class, gender and sexuality. It’s a story that will keep you guessing till the very end.
6. Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding-0330332775: The beginning of the novel is hilarious and funny. The reader can’t stop laughing when he first comes across the intimate details of the Bridget’s life and her wild imaginations. A quirky and fun read, the novel will enthrall not just the teenagers but the people of all ages.
7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen-8185944830: The greatest accomplishment of Austen, a novel that you would like to read again and again. Pride and Prejudice is a hilarious tale set around society of the English countryside during 18 th century when young ladies were in the search of a husband of a good breeding and fortune. The novel is saturated with sarcasm, humor and romance. One of the most amazing love story ever written.